Once a payment request has been approved, this will generate a sales invoice (SIN) to be paid by the Client to Bloom. There may be occasions where a Client needs to raise a credit request against this sales invoice. The credit request can be raised against an issued invoice either through the invoices section or from the Invoices tab on the project detail screen.
To raise a credit request, follow the steps below:
- Click Invoices on the left-hand navigation bar and search for the invoice for which you wish to raise the credit request. You can access project-specific invoices from the Project Detail screen
- Click the three vertical dots on the selected invoice and select Raise a Credit Request from the dropdown menu:
- The New Credit Request screen will open as shown:
- Tick the box next to the reason for the request and complete the fields as follows. You can select more than one reason if you wish, but at least one reason must be selected:
- Wrong PO Number on invoice - The Original PO Number is displayed and is locked, enter the New PO Number
- Wrong Description on Invoice - The original description is shown and is locked, enter the new detail in the Update Description field
- Other - Enter full details for the request in the Other Description field
- Enter any supporting notes in the Note field
- If you wish, select any documents you wish to attach to the request by using the Choose File button or dragging the files into the attachment area
- Check your entry and click the Send Request button to continue:
- A confirmation window will open confirming the request, click the Send Request button once more to continue:
- The request will then be sent to Bloom for action. Should any further information be required, our team will be in touch.
Resubmitting a Credit Request
Should Bloom not be able to approve the credit request, the Client will be informed and a notification will appear in the Tasks section. The Client does have the option to make any appropriate changes and resend the request or cancel the request entirely:
- Click Tasks on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click the Disputed Credit Request that you wish to work with
- Details as to why the credit request is disputed are shown on the Edit Credit Request screen
- Make the required changes and then resubmit the request by clicking Send Request under the Request Summary on the right-hand side of the screen:
- Confirm the request by clicking Send Request in the pop-up window
- Bloom will then be notified of the amended request and will process it as normal
If you wish to cancel the credit request, simply click the Cancel Request button instead and then confirm the request to cancel.